Orange County - Environmental Specialist II /
Senior Environmental Specialist
The Orange County Environmental Protection Division is seeking to fill an Environmental Specialist II (ESII) or Senior Environmental Specialist (SES) position on the Environmental Permitting, Compliance, and Enforcement Team. Work is characterized by considerable independence and responsibility to exercise initiative, and carry all assignments through to completion. Candidate will complete technical reviews of private and commercial development projects, to include sufficiency reviews of applications, site inspections, and review and analysis of proposed impacts, to determine if project meets the County environmental regulations. Visit the Orange County Career Center to apply: http://orangecountyfl.net/?tabid=940#.W5LV4fknaUk
- Conduct site inspections to verify wetland delineations are accurate and consistent with the wetland delineation methodology set forth in Chapter 62-340, F.A.C.
- Review of various types of plans including mass grading plans, construction plans, plats, lot split applications, fence permit applications, petitions to vacate, tree harvest authorizations and others as necessary.
- Review and evaluate various types of permit applications including conservation area authorizations, shoreline vegetation removal, boat dock, boat ramp, shoreline alteration/dredge and fill, and other permit applications for compliance with County environmental regulations.
- Conduct comprehensive site inspections of sites reported for non-compliance; Communicate resolution strategies with landowners. Prepare non-compliance cases for formal enforcement to the Code Enforcement Special Magistrate.
- Participate in studies, surveys and specialized research.
- Attend public meetings, make presentations and provide public assistance.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a Bachelors Degree and major course work in Environmental or Civil Engineering, Geology, the natural sciences, or a related field and one year (Environmental Specialist II) or three years (Senior Environmental Specialist) of environmental experience.
- Must be able to perform job related tasks, which would include but not be limited to: climbing, walking over uneven ground, lifting up to 50 pounds, and occasional exposure to adverse weather.
Opening Date: September 6, 2018
Closing Date: September 20, 2018
Environmental Specialist II Salary: $19.91/hr
Senior Environmental Specialist Salary : $23.38/hr
If you are claiming Veterans' Preference, you are responsible for providing the required eligibility documentation by the close date of the posting. Please submit a cover letter and copies of documents, not originals, to Orange County Human Resources Division, PO Box 1393, Orlando, FL 32801-1393 or fax to (407) 836-0098 (only Veterans' Preference documentation will be accepted by fax). Your cover letter should include the position posting number you are applying for, the title of the position and the last 4 digits of your social security number.
If your education was obtained in the United States, the County recognizes degrees or diplomas which are accredited by an agency recognized by the United States Department of Education (USDE) or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). If you have obtained education from a country other than the United States, your degree or diploma must be evaluated to determine the United States equivalency by a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Service (NACES) or the Association of International Credentials Evaluations (AICE) at your expense.